When you pray, ‘Lord, make me a better person,’ in what specific areas do you want to change, grow, and mature? In order to get real with God, you must…
Examine Your Ways With God
‘Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.’ Lamentations 3:40 NIV
When you pray, ‘Lord, make me a better person,’ in what specific areas do you want to change, grow, and mature? In order to get real with God, you must answer these twelve questions carefully and prayerfully:
- Am I honest and above reproach in all my financial dealings?
That includes giving generously to God from your income.
- Do I put myself in sexually inappropriate situations, or expose myself to harmful material?
- Do I spend enough time with my family, and would they say that I do?
- Do I tell the truth even when it brings me hurt or criticism?
- Do I find it easy to say, ‘I was wrong. I’m genuinely sorry,’ or do I hold grudges?
- Am I knowingly compromising any area of my life, or refusing to face the consequences of my actions?
- Have I formed habits that are detrimental to my health, my job, my family, or my walk with Christ?
- Am I proud, selfish, or arrogant?
- Have I taken credit for things that others did and should have been rewarded for?
- Have I failed to confess something to someone who should know of my wrongdoing?
- Have I been insensitive or abusive to my loved ones? And if I have, what am I willing to do about it?
- Am I spending enough time in prayer and in the Scriptures?
The word for you today is: get real with God!