Day6 | Daniel Fasting
I Shall Not Be Lukewarm.
I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. —Revelations 3:15
It is amazing that the last book of the Bible is the where this profound statement was made. Have you ever wondered why it was not in the earlier books of the Bible. Why wasn’t this told to Adam and Eve, or to David or Solomon? The book of Revelations is the book of reflections and a book that speaks of the visions of the world coming to an end and what the end would be like for many Christians who have heard the word of faith but still choose to live life as they please.
The Bible says in 1 Peter 4:17 for the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
If judgement is to begin with us in the house of God, is it not time to ponder on the state of the Christian life? Are we lukewarm or are we hot and on fire for God? What will it be like to have lived and walked the Christian walk only for God to tell us that He is about to spit someone out of His mouth. God forbid that it will be you or I.
Today let us take a critical look at our Christian walk and make a careful assessment by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Are you hot or cold or neither?
- Thank you Lord for your words in the book of Revelations, I will commit to reading the rest of this book to gain divine knowledge.
- Father, I have not been all that I should be in my walk with you, I am neither hot nor cold (be real with yourself and repent today of lukewarm Spirit if this applies to you, if not, thank God!)
- I need your help with this topic Lord, how do I become hot for you? I want to know, I want to be connected, I want to be on fire, I want to be active for you but show me how Lord.
- Father may you connect me today to the source of power so that I can be on fire for you.
- Lord my spiritual life needs help, connect me to those that will help me in my spiritual walk.
- Father I commit my whole life before you, may you show me the things that take me away from loving you like I ought to and put me back in line with you.
- I surrender my life and my will to you Lord and command every coldness in my life to receive fire now, I remove myself from anything that makes me lukewarm and I commit to starting again.